Beefin It Up - Fuel for the Finish
Promoting HEALTH, FITNESS and FUN!
The North Dakota CattleWomen (NDCW) and its partners will showcase the heart-healthy benefits of beef during its second annual Beefin’ It Up - Fuel for the Finish 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run October 5th 2013. This year’s event also includes a special race for the smallest cowboys and cowgirls among us! We are offering the kids a half-mile friendly competition among their friends.
The event is a fundraiser for the NDCW to purchase educational books regarding Beef and Agriculture for elementary schools statewide. The race is open to everyone, from dedicated athletes to individuals who just want to get some heart-healthy exercise. High-quality, lean proteins, like lean beef, play an important role in overall health and wellness. That is why the NDCW is pleased to sponsor this event and share its worthy message throughout the state. Last year, the NDCW supplied 36 schools across the state more than 140 books to promote agriculture.
Find more information about the “Beefin’ It Up; Fuel for the Finish” 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run, at the event’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BeefinItUpFuelForTheFinish
Eating lean beef as part of a balanced diet and being physically active can be part of the solution to maintaining a healthy weight and a growing body of evidence shows the nutrients in lean beef, such as protein, iron and B-vitamins, help maintain a healthy weight, build muscle and fuel physical activity.
- Race day registration begins at 8:00 am until 9:15 am at The Post, 2 miles South of Mandan on Highway 1806 on the west side of the highway. There will be parking available. 10K run will begin approximately at 9:30am; 5K run at 9:40am; 5K walk at 9:50am with the kids run to follow.There will be a 1/2 Mile run for the kids starting approximately 10:30am. There will be a scavenger hunt and coloring pages to occupy the youngsters while their parents are participating in the run/walk. The kids run is for anyone 12 and under.
- The 5K/10K route will follow paved trails and roads from The Post along the beautiful Missouri River into Fort Lincoln State Park.
- The run/walk will be professionally chip timed by Pickle Events using Championship Technology.
- Your pre-registration will include a race shirt! Those who register after September 1st will be on a 1st come 1st serve as long as they last. The t-shirts will be a long sleeve, moisture wick shirt available in an adult unisex size and also in youth sizes for the smaller participants.
- All Participants will receive a Medal upon completion along with beverage and healthy re-fuel snacks provided by the North Dakota CattleWomen.
- Awards will be given to top finishers in each category.
- A block of rooms is reserved at the Seaven Seas Best Western Inn located just off I-94 exit 152 Mandan, ND. Just call 800 597 7327 and ask for the ND CattleWomen Beef Run rate of $99. This block of rooms will be held until September 20th.
- There will be a small processing fee included with your on-line registration.