2014 Balaton Fun Fest Triathlon
The Balaton Chamber, Sanford Tracy Medical Center, Ralco Nutrition & SW Insurance are sponsoring a triathlon for youth and adults. The event will be held on Saturday, July 5th on the shores of Lake Yankton in Balaton, MN.
Online registration closes on July 1st. Race day registration will still be available.
Please register early!
- The race will begin at the lake and continue with a ride south of town or around the golf course depending on distance and will finish with a run around the golf
- Each participant will receive a drawstring bag and bottle of water.
- Each participant must be pre-registered and will be required to wear a timing chip.
- Each participant/team will be required to have their own bike and a helmet with a safety strap.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers overall and in each age group in all race categories.
Race Start Times
- All Sprint Course races (Adult, Youth and Relay) start at 8am
- All Short Course races (Adult, Youth and Relay) start at 9am
Sprint Distance Option:
Swim: 500 meters (.31 miles)
Bike: 20 km (12.4 miles)
Run: 5 km (3.1 miles)
Short Distance Option:
Swim: 100 Meters
Bike: 5 km (3.1 Miles)
Run: 1 Mile
Registration and Fees
Youth 17 and under
$10 per individual and $25 per team through June 21st
$15 per individual and $30 per team after June 21st
$25 per individual and $45 per team through June 21st
$30 per individual and $50 per team after June 21st
Registration and entry fees must be received by July 1st, 2014 to ensure a
drawstring bag and timing chip.
Sprint Course - 7am
Short Course - 8am