The St. Marys Rotary Club is again spearheading efforts with the help of The Lake Improvement Association and St. Marys Eagles Lodge Aerie 767 for the Grand Lake Carp Derby 2017 Fishing Tournament, June 2-4, 2017.
$7,000 in total prize money will be awarded for the most Carp and biggest Carp captured in Individual, Team, Youth, and Adult divisions!!
"HOLY CARP THAT'S A BIG FISH" Presented by Family Audiology Associates
1. Participants must register prior to fishing/bow hunting to take part in the tournament. Registration fee is $20 for adults, $15 for Youth, but you can take $5 off if your registration is recieved before May 15th! Registration will end when the tournament starts at 4:00 p.m. Friday, there will be no registration after the Tournament begins.
2. Fish will be accepted dead or alive. All carp must be caught from Grand Lake St. Marys during tournament hours using any legal method in Ohio, including but not limited to: hook & line, long bows, cross bows, spears, gigs and hand grabbing. Cast nets are permitted in compliance with state law! "Forage fish and minnows may be taken with cast nets. It is unlawful to use a cast net with a square mesh less than 1/4 inch or larger than 1 inch on a side, or with a diameter greater than 10 feet. It is illegal to use a cast net within a distance of 1,000 feet downstream from any dam posted with ODNR Division of Wildlife signs indicating cast net use is prohibited."
3. All fish must be caught from within the parameters of the main lake and it’s immediate channels, for sake of this tournament “immediate channels” will refer to waterways inside state routes 364, 219, 127, and 703.
4. All methods deemed illegal in Ohio are not allowed including but not limited to traps, explosives, poisons, firearms, electricity, chemicals.
5. Fish for the tournament prizes as well as the tagged fish must be caught from Grand Lake St. Marys during the tournament hours from 4pm on Friday, June 2nd to 12 noon on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
6. The largest fish will be decided by weight. The most fish will be decided by total number turned in. Bow (longbow/crossbow) registered fisherman must count their fish in the bow division only, no bow-caught carp can be counted in a non-bow fishing division. Additionally "most carp caught" counted fish can only be used in either individual or team (as declared by the participant during registration), not both. Team members can still participate in the "largest" fish contest, but the fish must be designated to one individual. In case of a tie, the prize money will be split by the winners.
7. The tournament winners will be announced and payouts will take place at 2pm on Sunday, June 4, 2017 at the First Shelter House on the East Bank of Grand Lake State Park. Winners need not be present at close of tournament to win.
8. Polygraphs may be arranged at the discretion of the Tournament Directors. All decisions of the Tournament Directors will be final.